Hi everyone. How are you? I thought I would drop a post to say hello and let you know what I have been up too.
As you might be aware from my previous post, the other day, I love the new Stampin’ Up Ornate Garden Suite that I purchased at the beginning of June.
I noticed while making that card, that the largest of the layered dies that I chose did not centre on the 5″ x 7″ card I had chosen.
This card shows you how I have overcome this problem for this size card.
Can you guess what I did?
The item used to make this 5” x 7” card.
- Stampin’ Up Ornate Thanks Bundle (Ornate Thanks Stamp Set and Ornate Borders Dies
- Stampin’ Up Ornate Style Bundle (Ornate Style Stamp Set and Ornate Layers Dies)
- Stampin’ Up Ornate Garden Speciality Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Stampin’ Up A4 cardstock in Whisper White and Terracotta Tile
- Stampin’ Blends in Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
- Stampin’ Up Classic Ink Pad in Early Espresso
- Stampin’ Up Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
- Copic Marker E000
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Foam pads and double-sided tape
How to make this floral card.
- Cut a piece of Terracotta Tile card to 102 x 7″ and score and fold at 5″ to make a portrait shaped card.
- Using the Whisper White card stock cut the first layer, 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″, and centre it on the card base with double-sided tape.
- Using the largest of the Ornate Layers dies and Old Olive DSP cut out the 2nd layer.
- Using the next largest of the Ornate Layers dies and Whisper White card, cut the 3rd layer.
- Using some floral DSP cut a piece 3 1/2″ x 2 1/8″ and centred it on top of the Whisper White die-cut for the 4th layer.
- Centre layers 3 and 4 onto the Old Olive DSP using double-sided tape.
- Cut the triple-layered piece in half and adhere one piece to the top of the whisper white 1st layer and one to the bottom of the card. This leaves a gap in the middle of about 1/5″.
- Using Terracotta Tile card make a label measuring 4 3/4″ x 1″ with the punch. Stamp the greeting ‘your kindness is so loved’ on Whisper White card measuring 3 3/4″ x 1/5″ using the same side of the punch. Adhere the smaller greeting label to the larger one using double-sided tape for dimension.
- Adhere the new label over the gap at the centre of the card using double-sided tape.
- Stamp six small flowers on Whisper White card using black ink and colour using the markers and blends, then fussy cut.
- Adhere five of the small pink flowers around the label using small pieces of double-sided tape for dimension.
- For the inside of the card cut Whisper White card to 6 3/4″ x 4 3/4″, and some of the same Olive Green DSP to 6 3/4″ x 3/4″. Adhere the DSP to the Whisper White card piece leaving a 1/8″ border to the right. Adhere the to the inside of the card.
- Adhere one of the pink small flowers to the bottom end of the DSP.
- Attach the card insert to the inside of the card with double-sided tape.
If you are interested in buying this lovely floral card from me, it is available in my shop.