How are you? I thought I would drop a post to say hello and let you know what I have been up too.
I am just loving the new Stampin’ Up Ornate Garden Suite.
I purchased the suite at the beginning of June when the new 2020-20201 catalogue was released. It was not my first purchase. (I had bought Dressed to Impress and Clubhouse a few weeks before.)
The item used to make this 5” x 7” card:
- Ornate Thanks Bundle (Ornate Thanks Stamp Set and Ornate Borders Dies
- Ornate Style Bundle (Ornate Style Stamp Set and Ornate Layers Dies)
- Ornate Garden Speciality Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Stampin’ Up A4 cardstock in Whisper White Thick, Whisper White and Old Olive
- Stampin Blends in Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
- Stampin Up Classic Ink in Old Olive
- Copic Marker E000
- Spectrum Noir marker TN4
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Foam pads and double-sided tape
How to make this floral card.
- Cut Thick Whisper White card to 10″ x 7″ and score and fold at 5″ to make a portrait card.
- Cut the 1st layer to 6 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ using Old Olive card stock and centre it on the folded card with double-sided tape.
- Die-cut some of the whisper white card using the largest of the Ornate Layers die and then centre it on top of the 1st layer. Adhere with some double-sided tape.
- Stamp the largest floral photopolymer stamps from the Ornate Style stamp set and three of the small flowers using the Memento ink onto Whisper White card.
- Cut a 1.25″ x 6 1/2″ strip of DSP and colour the flowers and leaves trying to keep within the gold foil design as the ink will spread past the edges under the foiling. (As seen below)
- Centre the DSP over the Whisper White card using double-sided tape.
- Colour the large stamped image using the markers and blends then fussy cut leaving a small border around the outside. Centre over the DSP using foam pads for dimension.
- Stamp ‘Thank You’ and ‘from the bottom of my heart’ photopolymer stamps onto Whisper White using Old Olive Ink using my stamping platform. Cut to 1.25″ x 4.5″.
- Using foam pads adhere to the card over the large floral image, placing the pads to the left and right edge and a little double-sided tape at the centre.
- Place the three small flowers partially covering the Thank You banner as shown using small pieces of foam pads.
- For the inside of the card cut 6 3/4″ x 4 3/42 from Whisper White and stamp the greeting ‘Seriously, you’re amazing’ with Old Olive Classic Ink.
- To the bottom right corner using black ink stamp three small flowers and colour with blenders and markers.
- Adhere to the inside of the card with double-sided tape.
If you are interested in buying this lovely floral card from me, it is available in my Etsy shop.